On Fire

My home state is on fire right now.

Literally.

There are thousands who have been evacuated from their homes (family members and so many friends of mine) while fire fighters are battling the blaze that is taking over our mountains.

It is devastating and scary and sad and difficult, from a distance for me to even comprehend what it must be like.

I see pictures that bring me to tears of the canyons I hiked and played and camped and canoed and explored and spent my childhood in.  The mountains that I conquered on my bike -- riding to over 9000 feet in elevation and back down again.  On fire.

this was like 10 years ago
pretty sure I couldn't make it up that mountain ever again

It's hard to imagine.
How could what started as a controlled, "small" fire now be threatening homes and lives and destroying, down to the ground some of Utah's most beautiful canyons.




The air is filled with smoke.
People's hearts are filled with sorrow.
and
All that we can do is pray for a miracle.

This is how I feel about my life right now too.

Like my actual, and literal life.

I don't know how the fire started within my body.
I have no idea why or where the cancer could have "come from"
and
at one point it was probably pretty well contained.
Just hanging out in my colon.
Then it spread.
to my liver
and lymph nodes
and lungs
and .....

You get the point.

It (Cancer or a fire) takes over and then it destroys everything in its path.
The firefighters aren't necessarily trying to put out the fire as much as they are trying to just contain it.
Same thing with my body.
There is no way to "get rid" of the cancer.
We are just trying to control it.
Stop it from continuing to spread.

Even if and when the fire is put out there is damage, irreparable that will not ever be the same.
Ever
and
Even if you aren't in the direct path of the fire you are still affected by it.

All of these fires have helped me to realize and appreciate just a little bit more how grateful I am for all of you in my life -- because I know that while you aren't the one physically dealing with cancer every day, you are still affected by it -- the same way I am affected by the fires, even though it isn't my home of land that is in danger.

I don't know why hard things like fires and cancer and "insert your struggle here" happen.  

What I do know is that it is in the coming together to fight the fires of our lives, the challenges and hard things we face that we see the hand of God in our lives.  It is in the coming together that we witness miracles, feel peace amidst harsh circumstances and come closer to what and who our Heavenly Father is shaping us to be.  

So, thanks for sticking with me through this journey.  
I know it isn't easy. 
But, I appreciate it more than you know.  
and also
these people


They are the most patient, most important and probably most drastically affected by my cancer -- and it hurts my heart. 
Words will never be enough to say how grateful I am that they are mine. 
forever.  
(even if we cannot seem to take a normal family picture)

Also, keep praying for the fires in Utah to be able to be controlled and maybe some rain!? 
I told my friend, who has her families home at a huge risk right now, that if the faith and prayers of she and the rest of my friends could stop the cancer from growing I was pretty sure that it could stop a fire too. 







Comments

  1. Much love and prayers along with healing energy!🌎💜🌎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts