Miracles and Mountains

Most of you know that I love to ride my road bike.  Love.  

Funny enough I never named my bike, but was thinking if I named her now it would be something like C-squared....Cancer Crusher.  

See there was this one time when I lived in Utah (and was really tough) that I would ride  a lot with a group of my friends.  We rode the Alpine Loop and Nebo and Suncrest other pretty tough mountains.  Serious climbs --  if you have never been to Utah or seen their mountains we are talking about elevation gains of between 1200 to 4300 feet.  

And if I'm being honest, I killed those climbs.  

One time I was riding the Alpine Loop with a few other guys (the one girl with a bunch of strong guys) and I booked it up that mountain.....beat them all to the summit.  One of the guys (who I am sure was super embarrassed  impressed that I killed him up the ascent) gave me the nickname of bone-crusher.  I think in his words he said that "His bones would grind to powder" if he were to ride in his big chain ring up the mountain like that.  

The nick-name stuck.  Bone-Crusher.  

Now I have a really big mountain to climb.  This mountain is cancer and I am kicking it into the big chain ring and bone crushing up this mountain. Physically and mentally.  

I look back at climbing those mountains in Utah and it seems like a miracle that I ever made it to the top sometimes, but I always did and the descent was always worth the climb.  I know it will be the same with this battle against cancer.
Right now this climb is killer, and it has only just begun
 I have a lot of elevation to bone crush all the way up and am counting on miracles a long the way.  

We are beginning this ascent with a little bit different of a plan then we had originally thought.  

I am going in for surgery tomorrow morning where they are going to remove a part of my colon that is being blocked by a cancerous tumor.  While they are removing the piece of the colon they will try to see if they can also remove the other tumor that was the one originally found.  Then, at the end of August/beginning of September they will start chemo after I have had some time to recover from surgery.  

In a lot of ways I feel like being able to go in and do surgery first is a small piece of the miracle we were praying for (we meaning me and all of you). 
I am going to make it up this mountain and you better believe that I am going into full bone crusher, cancer crusher mode until I make it all the way to the top.....and  with the help from all of you, I'm going to try and enjoy the beauty of the climb on the way up, even when it's hard. 





Comments

  1. I love this! You're going to tackle that cancer mountain with bone crusher strength! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock bone crusher!!!! Sending love over the miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can crush this cancer thing my friend! Sending prayers and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! Awesome news! Truly the first miracle of many... praying they find a shrunken tumor that is easier to take out, that they take the full and complete load, that you recover quickly, and that you continue to crush this cancer with God and Christ's help. God accelerates physical healing through His Word... Love you so much. Thanks for sharing your testimony of that through your example and your faith and hope. We'll continue to combine ours with yours!!! Yaaaaay!!! Love and prayers today for a successful surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in my prayers. I believe with the "bone crusher" attitude, you can crest the top of this mountain. I'll be so happy to see you on the ride down. Take care of yourself and BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to Crush it, Amber! Praying all goes well tomorrow!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crush it Amber! We're praying for you! <3 Let me know if you need anything along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how strong you are and have always been so impressed by how you live life. I have loved being able to spend time with you and the girls. You are such an amazing person. I'm so glad you keep us in the loop because i can't tell you how much I am constantly thinking about you and praying for you and wanting to call or text or just come see you (my usual method of just stopping by) and don't because I know your plate is so full. I'm so happy that you get to have this surgery. Your message is so inspirational. I am pulling for you and love you more than I can express. See you soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PERFECTLY PUT! YOU'RE AMAZING! WE'LL ALWAYS BE PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECTLY PUT! YOU'RE AMAZING! WE'LL ALWAYS BE PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your attitude My Beautiful Bone/Cancer crushing Friend!! As WE know - Healing Miracles happen every day- and our ATTITUDE is Everything !! You and your family are in our daily thoughts and prayers.. We will be the there with you in Spirit and lifting you up in prayer and seeking God seedling miracle. Cancer is only going to be a chapter in your life --not the whole story !! Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Happy Tears* You have been in my thoughts and prayers for the last few days. You have many more coming your way, for you, for your team of doctors, for the surgeons and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in tears. Yea for your first miracle. You are amazing. God is aware. You can do this. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in tears too. You are one amazingly strong woman inside and out, and a great story teller. Thanks so much for the posts. I love to read them, and I love you and your sweet family. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are inspirational! I love you Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are inspirational! I love you Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thoughts and prayers with you as you go into surgery tomorrow...you are amazing and an inspiration to all of us. We are thinking of you from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've got it right. One turn of the wheel at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praying for you! Love you Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amber,
    If anyone can do this climb you can! Your faithful, Strong, inspiring, living, kind and willing to fight for yourself and your family!
    Know we add here for you in the low and high times..
    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amber,
    If anyone can do this climb you can! Your faithful, Strong, inspiring, living, kind and willing to fight for yourself and your family!
    Know we add here for you in the low and high times..
    Love you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amber,
    We love you, if anyone can do this climb it's you!

    Love that your faithful and knowing God is with you through this!
    Love you and Eric and kids
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amber,
    We love you, if anyone can do this climb it's you!

    Love that your faithful and knowing God is with you through this!
    Love you and Eric and kids
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love you. We will be praying for you and your doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are sending you our love and hugs to you sweet Amber! Hang in there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. We are sending you our love and hugs to you sweet Amber! Hang in there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I cannot stop thinking of you Amber. All day I think of you and what you are going through. Every single prayer we pray includes you in it. And in between, I just think and think and think of you and your plight and your girls and Eric. All day long... Good luck tomorrow with this surgery! I hope it goes well! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will be praying for you, your family and the doctors! You can kill this climb too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your posts! You are on my mind and in my prayers daily!!! Prayers for tomorrow to go well!! Miracles happen and I believe!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your determination! Thanks for sharing your perspective. I think that you're taking such an awesome approach to this. We'll continue praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I used to be so impressed/inspired when you would go full bone crusher. We have been praying every day and fasting for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your nickname! Very well stated. Positive vibes go a long way. Praying for you, Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  34. 💖 prayers 💖 from Las Vegas
    Stay strong and keep positive.

    ReplyDelete
  35. 💖 prayers 💖 from Las Vegas
    Stay strong and keep positive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts