touch, touching and touched

Backstory:  So there was this one time that Eric thought it would be appropriate to tell everyone at church that my "love language" was physical touch. Obviously, accompanied by him inappropriately grabbing my backside at church or something like that. He thought he was so funny. He wasn't, and I adamantly decided he was wrong about my love language. 

However, over the last few days I have begin to wonder if maybe Eric is actually right on course. (I don't want him to actually think he was "right" so on course sounds better)
Although, this being touched is not so much physical,

I am truly touched.  
  
All of your words and kindness have touched me in ways that I cannot even begin to describe.  
I have felt your love through all of your words and messages and the prayers offered up in my behalf  
I don't know if there is anyway to thank each and every one of you for "touching" me in such profound ways.  

I guess if you are going to have to go through something really yucky like this you might as well have the benefit of knowing how awesome people think you have fooled others into believing you are.  

I am touched at how many of you have reached out to our Heavenly Father, in prayer in my behalf. 

I am touched at the offers for child care and meals that have come flooding in since the minute I needed help. 

I am touched by your hundreds of messages of friendship and encouragement. 

I am touched that  you think I will look good without hair. 

I am touched that my brother would fly here to spend time with us. 

I am touched that you all believe I have enough faith to be healed.

I am touched at the sincerity of my own children in their prayers and fasting for me.
(Not an easy task for an 8 and 11 year old -- and we love Tess, but let's be honest that girl never goes without food or even folds her arms for a prayer)

I am touched at my in-laws family here in Oregon and the halt that they have put on their own schedules to do anything and everything for me, Eric and the girls. 
(everyone needs a sister-in-law like corrine but that is a whole separate post)  

I am touched at how many of  you shared my facebook status with those that you love, pleading for their prayers and support.

I am touched at the number of prayer rolls and lists that my name has been put on, knowing no limits to religion -- It has been a testimony to me that an all loving God is known and trusted by all, regardless of sect of religion.  

I am touched at your offers for housing and hotels and accommodations for traveling family members. 

I am touched at the faith of my siblings and their constant checking in on me, via text, phone calls and face-time. 

I am touched (and humored) by the jokes, laughs and pictures that have brought a little bit of sunshine to long, somewhat difficult days. 

I am touched by the games, gift cards, letters and notes that have been brought/sent for the girls to provide a little reprieve while navigating this hard time. 

I am touched that my parents are currently driving here to be with me through whatever might come these next few weeks. 

I am touched by your stories of courage and survival and perseverance that have given me hope and direction. 

So, see.....maybe Eric is right.  Maybe touch really is my love language.  

Thank you for touching me in ways that I hope to be able to repay for years to come.  


Next update will come sometime tomorrow after we meet with the oncologist again.  
We have had numerous appointments with Gastroenterology specialists, specialized surgeons and others and we feel like things are coming together.  Thank you for your concern, prayers and thoughtfulness. 


Comments

  1. Amber, to know you is to love you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, to know you is to love you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clyde and I are praying for you, right at the top of our list, all the time; and so are all of our children. We think of you constantly and hope you will continue to feel everyone's support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, I so love and admire you. You are such an example of faith and strength. I am praying for you and you are in my thoughts constantly. Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were my rock when I needed someone so desperately! You are so strong. Hearing your faith helps me even now. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were my rock when I needed someone so desperately! You are so strong. Hearing your faith helps me even now. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. Just the fact that you can post something like this so soon after receiving such difficult news is evidence of how strong your faith is! Having faith to be healed is huge, but having faith that Heavenly Father will take care of everything no matter what His will is...well, that's a different ballgame, I know. The reason I say this is that I can truly testify that He knows what He's doing and it IS for the best, even when we cannot possibly see how. I have learned this from experience. I hope and pray that it is His will for you to be healed, but even if it's not (like the conference talk "But If Not"), you can be at peace now and in the future knowing that your faith will be blessed with every little detail of your children and husband's lives being taken care of. I hope it's okay to post this...I am sure you want to focus on getting better, so I hesitated. But, I just felt strongly that I needed to share my testimony of these things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! You are truly an amazing writer. But, we love you more. We love you and Eric and the girls with all our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written, Amber! You have a gift of wit and sincerity that are a perfect match together! My Kelton is one with great faith. You are in his prayers and our family prayers too. Best wishes as you begin treatments...we know you are one tough lady! Hugs from Spanish Fork! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post--- you have Touched every heart and soul who have read your heartfelt words! You are an Incredible young woman and loved by so many! It is faith that makes the impossible possible ... And we all remain here to see you through this time of Adversity... Let your David rise up to slay this Goliath! Love you Sweetie!
    Elisa and Loren Later

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amber, such a BEATUTIFUL piece of writing. I hold you as the picture of health in my mind and heart. Tilly and I include you in our prayers that you will make a full recovery and once you do, we will continue to include you as we thank Heaveny Father for answering our prayers and the prayers of so many others. We love you - SMOOCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber, Ramona and I are feeling heavy hearts that you must pass thru this very difficult trial. We both paused during our family reunion last week and went to the Timpinogos Temple and later the Provo City Center Temple and placed your name and Eric's on the prayer roll. We pray for you every day.

    I have a story of faith and healing for you:

    I have a friend who got cancer that got so bad that she was confined to a wheelchair because it had eaten her bone and destroyed her hips. The Doctors said there was no hope for her and that she should go home and die there. She went to a place in Arizona and Mexico and received alternative Theropy which combined with mighty faith today is able to go jogging. She can tell the story better than I can. If you are interested, I can get in touch with her and you can visit and gain some insight from her story. Let me know. You are so in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amber you are such a talented young women I love the way you express yourself such a great writer. I felt such a special spirit as I went to the temple last week to pray for you and your beautiful family. You are a special daughter of our Heavenly Father. You came down to such a wonderful, spiritual family who prepared you for everything you have experienced and will continue to experience. You were well prepared. Your experience though totally different takes me back to experiencing 4th stage cancer in our daughter Ashlyn's life. I pleaded and begged and tried to bargain with Heavenly Father to take my life not her's but it wasn't until I said the words, "Thy will be done." That the peace came. Heavenly Father is in charge and we don't know why you have to experience what you are going through it could be for you or for another member of your family and you may not find out in this life all the why's. Know that we love you. I have always had a special place in my heart for you and many of your family members. Have loved having your family for our neighbors while you were growing up. Stay strong sweet Amber. I wondered last Sunday as we all joined in fast for you if you might have felt the spirit of all of us wrap you in love and faith. Don't let Satan place doubts in your mind. It seems the best way to fight this ugly disease is to fight it in your mind. Stay positive, I hope you feel the strength from every ones prayers. Love and continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are praying for you and this trial that stands before you and your family. You have always been healthy and strong which I know will help you fight this monster. Thanks for openly sharing your journey through all of this to help us better understand your needs for support. Sending prayers your way.
    April & Nick Cottle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amber, I love you so much. Know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers as are Eric and your girls. You are strong and I know you can face this with great faith and hope. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love hearing my kids pray for Amber. I'm not sure they fully understand what they're praying for or what cancer even is, but I love hearing it anyway. From the mouth of babes, right? Love you Amber! Be brave, be strong, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're such a wonderful writer. We think and pray for you often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts