What if I can't do this?
What if I can't do this.
For Real.
I am getting tired of chemo.
and scans
and more chemo.
and not feeling great.
and scans
and more chemo.
and not feeling great.
So tired.
Here is the thing.
It isn't like I have a choice, really.
Except for that I do have a choice actually.
If at any point I say to my doctor: "I'm done." then that is that.
I would be done.
but I can't actually do that.
I have 3 kids and a husband.
and parents
and in-laws
and friends
and a pretty good life.
but
but I can't actually do that.
I have 3 kids and a husband.
and parents
and in-laws
and friends
and a pretty good life.
but
Usually at hour 36 or so of that stupid pump I am ready to throw in the towel.
It's really taking it's toll
and
I
do
not
know
how
much
longer
I
can
do
it.
(but I will)
(but I will)
Tess frequently asks me if I was "joking" her.
You know, am I just teasing her or trying to "joke her"
I am getting pretty good at joking.
I am trying so hard to keep it all together, but honest I am not holding it together all that well.
After a really rough New Years Eve full of puking and a headache that would. not. go. away. I woke up New Years Day a little discouraged.
I know that I should be grateful to be alive.
and I am
but
I am also full of sleepless nights and doubt and exhaustion and nausea
and that is not even the beginning of just everyday life.
You know, that life where I am impatient with my children
and can't keep commitments to friends
and do everything sort of half-way, if at all.
So, anyway.
Sometimes I am just tired and I wonder.
When will this end?
But I don't want it to.
But I do.
You know, that life where I am impatient with my children
and can't keep commitments to friends
and do everything sort of half-way, if at all.
So, anyway.
Sometimes I am just tired and I wonder.
When will this end?
But I don't want it to.
But I do.

Comments
Post a Comment