It's been a hot minute or two.....
Seriously though.
And when I say it is has been a hot minute,
I literally mean: I am hot. and that it has been a minute since I blogged.
but mostly that
I am hot.
Not like, "look at her she's so hot" (although new makeup is quickly making me much more presentable but that is still iffy)
Like, she is having a hot flash, hot.
That kind of hot.
You guys....I am not even 40 yet, but I guess that is what surgical menopause does to you.
In all honesty, I am so grateful to have that other huge, silly tumor out of my body that I don't even care that I can't control my body temperature or that I will probably gain 10 pounds or that I have no hormones or who knows what else.
It had gotten OUT. OF. CONTROL.
So, we got it out.
Look at it.
That was in mytiny body.
Then after this came out I started a new chemo -- a mere 3 weeks after.
Not probably the best of moves I've ever made.
It. was. the. worst.
Can someone remind me if I was like a walking zombie when I first started chemo back in 2016?
Because even my oncologist said I looked like I had been hit by a train when he saw me on chemo day 3.
He actually said I looked like I had been hit by a train, twice.
At least he's honest.
And now it is time for all of you to be honest.
I know I have been neglecting the blog.
I am not sure who reads it anymore anyway.
Like are blogs old news?
Would I be better served to keep my musings in a paper journal stored under my bed?
Here is the real truth.
I don't care about fame, fortune and anything "social influencer" -- but I do care about if my friends care about what is going on with me.
Make sense?
I know, not really.
What I am trying to say is this:
I keep this blog for me, but I also keep it because I care about people.
and if the people I care about, care to know about me, then I feel like I owe it to them to keep them in the loop. thus, the blog.
If you are the said "them" that I am talking about tell me if you even care.
I honest, will not have my feelings hurt.
at all.
And if I do get my feelings hurt I will just buy a new pair of shoes or hair accessory and everything will be fine after that. Retail therapy is 100% a real thing and I will never understand why my insurance company won't pay for a chemo week outfit shopping trip twice a month. I should submit for reimbursement. It is probably cheaper than my actual therapist. Don't you think?!
Anyway, I have just been sort of at a roadblock of communication lately, but maybe that is coming to an end, so does anyone even care to read anymore? Have time to read my blog? Maybe I just keep doing it for posterity sake so that someday my kids and grandkids can read this and see how truly witty I was.
I have like over 30 drafts of posts.....I should really just do something about that.
Maybe you all just want to see pictures?
Maybe you want to hear my voice?
Just shoot it to me straight.....
What should I do?
Keep up the blog?
Ditch the blog?
Start a podcast?
Become a fashion model for cancer magazines?
Just throwing out ideas.
And when I say it is has been a hot minute,
I literally mean: I am hot. and that it has been a minute since I blogged.
but mostly that
I am hot.
Not like, "look at her she's so hot" (although new makeup is quickly making me much more presentable but that is still iffy)
Like, she is having a hot flash, hot.
That kind of hot.
You guys....I am not even 40 yet, but I guess that is what surgical menopause does to you.
In all honesty, I am so grateful to have that other huge, silly tumor out of my body that I don't even care that I can't control my body temperature or that I will probably gain 10 pounds or that I have no hormones or who knows what else.
It had gotten OUT. OF. CONTROL.
So, we got it out.
Look at it.
That was in my
Then after this came out I started a new chemo -- a mere 3 weeks after.
Not probably the best of moves I've ever made.
It. was. the. worst.
Can someone remind me if I was like a walking zombie when I first started chemo back in 2016?
Because even my oncologist said I looked like I had been hit by a train when he saw me on chemo day 3.
He actually said I looked like I had been hit by a train, twice.
At least he's honest.
And now it is time for all of you to be honest.
I know I have been neglecting the blog.
I am not sure who reads it anymore anyway.
Like are blogs old news?
Would I be better served to keep my musings in a paper journal stored under my bed?
Here is the real truth.
I don't care about fame, fortune and anything "social influencer" -- but I do care about if my friends care about what is going on with me.
Make sense?
I know, not really.
What I am trying to say is this:
I keep this blog for me, but I also keep it because I care about people.
and if the people I care about, care to know about me, then I feel like I owe it to them to keep them in the loop. thus, the blog.
If you are the said "them" that I am talking about tell me if you even care.
I honest, will not have my feelings hurt.
at all.
And if I do get my feelings hurt I will just buy a new pair of shoes or hair accessory and everything will be fine after that. Retail therapy is 100% a real thing and I will never understand why my insurance company won't pay for a chemo week outfit shopping trip twice a month. I should submit for reimbursement. It is probably cheaper than my actual therapist. Don't you think?!
Anyway, I have just been sort of at a roadblock of communication lately, but maybe that is coming to an end, so does anyone even care to read anymore? Have time to read my blog? Maybe I just keep doing it for posterity sake so that someday my kids and grandkids can read this and see how truly witty I was.
Maybe you all just want to see pictures?
Maybe you want to hear my voice?
Just shoot it to me straight.....
What should I do?
Keep up the blog?
Ditch the blog?
Start a podcast?
Become a fashion model for cancer magazines?
Just throwing out ideas.


Keep it coming, Amber. I love reading your updates. ❤️ Even if it makes me cry, you always seem to make me laugh too. I can always hear your voice when I read your updates, and I love it. It’s sort of like reading a talk from
ReplyDeletean apostle... you know how you can hear their voice as you read? Ya, that’s how I hear/read you too. �� plus, I do care to know how you’re doing. ❤️❤️❤️
Please keep the blog! I am lucky enough to live next door, but your honesty in your blog is still something I want/need to read!!!
ReplyDeleteI don’t comment much but you’re often on my mind. I always wonder how you’re doing and hope something good comes your way.
ReplyDeleteYou don’t owe us anything but based on the likes and comments a lot of people care about how you’re really doing.
#keeptheblog #prayersforAmber
I think you should keep it up! I have lots of reasons:
ReplyDelete1. You’re a great writer with an unique perspective.
2. I (and others) really do want to know what is going on in your head and your heart. Whether we live next door or hundreds of miles away is is hard to know that unless you become vulnerable and share it. Blog!
3. There are so many women in your boat that need to know they are not alone. Even if only one of them stumble across your blog and find the “me too” moment that they have been looking for then you have done an amazing thing!
4. This blog is part of your legacy! You are creating something that you, your kids, your grandkids, and others can read to get a small taste of the Amber that is living, breathing, inspiring, creating, mothering, fighting, dreaming.
KEEP IT UP, girl! Praying for you often!
With love and prayers,
Jill (from IoH) ❤️
I know you don’t know me, but I miss you updating your blog. When you don’t I worry about you and your health and wonder how you are doing. You do have a funny sense of humor, that makes me laugh. I cry when your posts are sad. If it is to much for you to continue then I think we will all understand. I wish you the best and keep you in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteWe don't know each other, but I am aware of you and think of you and wonder how you're doing, so I find your blog--and find this post. My vote is yes! If it it's not a struggle for you (blogging is for me) please keep writing the posts. They are thought-provoking, witty, inspiring, and well worth reading. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading your blog. I love that you are so so sincere and that you speak from your heart. Hearing your thoughts makes me laugh and cry and makes me appreciate life from a whole other perspective. We love you Amber and are so inspired by your faith and your strength! 💕You are such an inspiration! You’re in our thoughts and prayers...
ReplyDeleteI do read every post. Even though I keep quiet. I pray for you and your family and appreciate the updates and reality checks without having to bug anyone by asking because my timing is always awful.
ReplyDeleteKeep the blog. We care about you!!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your posts. I was just laughing over your retail therapy submittal to your insurance company, and I had to read it out loud to Alan. I just love you so much, and I don't get a lot of opportunities to spend time with you, so I am for sure glad to read your blog. I hear your voice when I read them and feel a little like we just had a conversation. I love it.
ReplyDeleteI"m grateful for your blog and it helps me know how you are doing! I'm not on social media much or as good at calling/texting/girl-party-vacationing as the other Chicken Coop troops, so I really appreciate anything you post here. I read them! I love you Amber!
ReplyDeleteKeep it going! Ditto to all that has been said. I truly enjoy tour perspective, insight honesty and humor.
ReplyDeleteI do worry for you and love knowing that despite the hardship you are making life still happen for you!
The blog is a way I stay connected with you without having to intrude.